Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day last minute gift ideas.


Well we're down to the wire and you haven't gotten your father a gift yet. Never fear, Nearly every Etsy and Crobbies artisans will provide "gift certificates", all you have to do is ask. What better way to give than a gift certificate, that way the recipient can choose a gift that they actually want. All you have to do is find a shop that has things that he is interested in and with over 200,000 shops world wide, you know there's got to be something out there that will suit him to a tee. I'd be willing to bet that you'll enjoy searching the shops yourself.

Not only will your gift be a one of a kind hand crafted item, but you will be doing a great service to the small business person who has hand crafted and is selling their wares. A much better quality than some mass produced item.
Don't forget about the Virginia Etsy team where you can shop until you drop. Featured artisans shops are there, vintage shops, art and photography shops as well as fabric, hand spun yarn, material, wood crafts and more. Your bound to find something special there.
How about dinner? I am told that the top five restaurants in Richmond are as follows:
Lemaire Fine Dining Restaurant At The Jefferson Hotel
101 W Franklin St
Richmond, VA 23220
804-649-4644
The Dining Room Restaurant
The Berkeley Hotel
1200 E. Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23219
804.780.1300
Old Original Bookbinder's
Seafood Steakhouse Restaurant
2306 East Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23223
804-643-6900
The White Dog Restaurant
2329 West Main Street
Richmond, VA 23220
(804) 340-1975
Acacia Restaurant
3325 W Cary St
Richmond, VA 23221
804.354.6060
Is it true you ask...I don't know first hand as I have not been to any of these places.
I have been to the Aberdeen Barn in Charlottesville and in my opinion, they have the most delicious Prime Rib around. I make a point of planning any trips to Charlottesville towards the evening just so I can have dinner there. Yum yum good! I'll have to ask them for a discount since I mentioned them in my article. Darn, now I want to go!
I've also been to the Bavarian Chef in Madison, Virginia. Oh my, if you like German cusine, you should like the food here. They now have one in Fredericksburg, Virginia, just 15 minutes away, I don't have to drive an hour to get my favorite German dish anymore.
Be sure to check out the slide show below to see some fabulous hand crafted gifts for father's day.
If you liked this article and want to know when I publish more personal interviews with talented artisans be sure to use the subscribe button at the top of the page so that you will automatically be notified via e-mail whenever I publish an article (and while you're at it, add me as one of your 'fav' Examiners).
If you're an artist and want me to conduct an interview with you to feature your shop, "SUBSCRIBE" (above) go to my blog where you will find the interview questionnaire. Follow the directions there and then e-mail your completed questionnaire to me at http://myinterview@verizon.net.
Until next time I wish you a good day today and every day!
Remember to always 'Pay IT Forward' cuz one good deed deserves another.
Cheers~
♥BG♥

No comments: